- Temp control on the BGE
- decent smoke
- 15lbs packer brisket purchased from CostCo
- lump charcoal
- hickory chips for smoking
- Trimmed cap & separated into flat & point.
- Salted brisket well. No rub applied which is a bit horrible but fine for my first attempt.
- Put on BGE at roughly 250F, indirect heat, with hickory wood chips for smoking.
- took about 45 minutes to bring BGE up very slowly to the temp I wanted. Was very careful not to
overshoot and have been checking temp every 10-15 minutes.
- On at 0830. Off at 1700. Internal temp of flat was 197. Internal temp of point was about 193.
- Pulled off grill to rest and covered with foil on small sheet pan.
- meat was a bit over done. Not horrible but not super moist.
- a clearly observable smoke ring.
- for nothing more than salt, its pretty tasty on its own.
- day after is perhaps better. A bit of time cooling allowed some of the extra tough bark to