First smoked tomatilla salsa of the season.
A little too smokey. Should wrap the tomatillos while softening or leave some of the vegetables closer to fresh.
- 1 lbs of tomatillos
- 1 whole white onion
- 2 medium jalapenons
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/4c of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- salt & pepper
- Halve the tomatillos. Quarter the onion. Wrap head of garlic in foil.
- Put tomatillos on foil in the grill around 350F. Onion, jalapeno, garlic directly on the grill.
- Let color develop on all the vegetables
- Take off and blend to desired consistency. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Inspired by Roasted Tomatillo Salsa.