- BGE lump charcoal
- Hickory & Cherry chunks
- 15lbs packer brisket from Costco
- Central Market house blend barbecue rub
- Bone Broth
- Trim up the brisket. Separate the point & the flat.
- Inject both liberally with a mixture of bone broth and beef broth
- Coat liberally with the rub (moisture from injection worked well to adhere)
- Smoke for 6 hours between 225 and 275.
- Wrap in foil and put back on grill for another 2 hours.
- Unwrap and let the bark dry back out.
- Cube the point, toss them in sauce made from drippings out of foil, Sweet Baby Rays and Hak’s Habanero Pineapple
- Put cubes back on grill for roughly an hour at low temp while flat rested.
- The burnt ends turned out well.
- The flat was definitely better than the last brisket attempt.
Shareable. Not where I want to be but not embarassed by it.